Embodiment Classes: self-discovery via exposition
New Smyrna Beach (Thursdays 6-7:30 pm, Jan. 16, 23, 30, Feb. 6)
Oviedo (Sundays 1:30-3:30, Feb. 16, 23, March 1, 8)
Our bodies carry with them a collection of stories that reveal our unique selves. Whether it is a memory of a haircut gone wrong, a finger wearing a ring from a loved one, or breasts that survived cancer, our bodies encapsulate a lifetime of memories. By using one-word body prompts appropriate for the group, participants will be guided through the writing of 3-4 short stories to begin a forever memoir collection. Participants will also leave with one iPhone image for a chosen story.
Embodiment Classes are perfect for:
- women who want to capture their story in a creative, short-story format with the guidance of a writing instructor and the support and energy that only a small group of women can provide.
- a friend, sister, mother, grandmother, aunt, teacher, any special female in your life whom you’d love to tell, “Thank you for being you!” A perfect holiday gift!
- a group of lady friends/family who would like to go through the process of preserving their stories together––sharing, laughing, encouraging. Reserve an Embodiment Class for your group when and where it’s most convenient. Contact Debby directly for group reservations, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is a photography sampling of Debby’s Embodiment Project. To further enhance your memoir project, professional photography is available at an additional cost.
Embodiment Short-story Memoir Writing Class, New Smyrna Beach
Date: January 16, 23, 30, February 6, Thursdays, 6-7:30 p.m.
Location: The Hub, 132 Canal Street
Cost: $60 for four classes or $18 per class
Embodiment New Smyrna Beach
Cost includes 6 hours of self-discovery through writing instruction and facilitated group discussions; weekly inspiration via email; a forever memoir collection with one iPhone image; and rental of The Hub, a creative and inspiring venue that will speak to your soul.
Walk-n-Talk Book Studies. Schedule one or plug into one. Minimum 10 participants. Fee: Momentous Living book ($10) and a dish to share.
- February 11 and 18, 6-8:00 p.m., Chuluota, contact Siobhan at email@example.com
- February 13 and 20, 6-8:00 p.m., Port Orange, contact Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org
New Smyrna Beach Storytelling.
Date: January 19, 6 p.m.
Location: Jane’s Art Center, 199 Downing St., New Smyrna Beach
Momentous Living Exhibitions, showcasing two collections of short stories accompanied by black-and-white photography: “I am Momentous Living,” and “Embodiment, discovering self through the exposition of body parts.”
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Thursday, Oct. 24, 2019, 5:30-7:30 pm
presentation at 6:30
Winter Park, Florida
Saturday, Oct. 26, 2019, 9:30-11:30 am
presentation at 10:30
Thank you to all my sponsors who helped with printing and photography costs!
- Dr. Brian Den Beste, the best (but of course) ophthalmologist, www.mylasikpro.com
- LCA Development, building strong communities, www.lcadevelopment.com
- Dr. David Baker, wise psychotherapist and performance management consultant, email@example.com
- Sonya L. Laney, C.P.A., P.A., stellar financial guide, www.sonyalaney.com
- Dr. David McKenzie, hero dentist, www.mckenziedentalgroup.com
- Sandra Stanford, LMHC, especially good with women’s issues, www.chariscounselingcenter.com
Tuesday, July 9, 2019. “Power of Perseverance,” Relaunch Power-Up, Chamber of Commerce, Winter Park, FL. Rated “extremely satisfied” by audience in the areas of: topic relevancy, speaker engagement and effectiveness, duration of speaker, and overall experience with the presentation. Anonymous participant feedback: “I enjoyed the speaker immensely.”