Did you know?
- Every 98 seconds an American is sexually assaulted.
- 1 in 3 girls and 1 in 5 boys will be sexually abused before the age of 18.
- 1 in 5 children who touches a computer will be sexually solicited online.
- 45% of child victims will not disclose abuse for 5 or more years.
- More than 10,000 victims report sexual assault in Florida each year, and the majority of victims do not report to law enforcement.
- Child sexual abuse occurs at every socioeconomic level, across ethnic and cultural lines, within all religions and at all levels of education.
Did you also know?
95 percent of sexual abuse is preventable through education and awareness; and with guidance and support, victims can heal into thriving survivors.
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month and Child Abuse Prevention Month.
Be in the know.
Check out www.laurenskids.org for resources.
(Statistics from Lauren’s Kids).